Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Made Easy
For those chilly fall nights when you really want comfort food but don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen……Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe made easy! Real Easy!
The slow cooker makes the sauce almost effortless. You can also simmer it on the stove but you have to be real careful not to burn it. Stir it often.
Please scroll down to the bottom for a complete list of ingredients and full recipe instructions. I used frozen packaged meatballs from Walmart. You could make your own if you have time but some nights its just easier to use store bought.
I chose the slow cooker method because I’m
lazy busy…. This recipe makes a lot. You may want to cut it in half or just freeze the extra. The leftover sauce freezes really well. You can also make meatball subs with the extra meatballs and sauce another night.
Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker except the meatballs and stir to mix well. Then add the frozen meatballs and stir well again until all the meatballs are covered in sauce.
Cover and set the slow cooker on low. Cook for 4 or so hours.
During the last half hour that the sauce is cooking you can make garlic bread if you like. I used a loaf of french bread. I just sliced it almost all the way through, mixed up some garlic butter and spread it on both sides of each slice. Spread the extra on top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Wrap most of the loaf in foil leaving the top open. Bake for 15 minutes at 375F.
Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Place a helping of pasta on each plate. Cover each serving with sauce and meatballs. Add some garlic bread and a salad and Enjoy!
- 2 24-oz jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 cup frozen chopped green peppers
- 3/4 cup grape jelly (you won't taste it, I promise)
- 1/4 cup grated paresan cheese
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 package frozen prepared Italian meatballs
- Spray your slow cooker crock with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients except meatballs.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat them with sauce.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 4-5 hours.
- When the sauce is almost done, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling add your pasta and cook to whatever your pasta package directions say is appropriate for al dente (cooked but still a little firm).
- To serve place a serving of pasta on plate, add sauce and meatballs, sprinkle with grated parmesan-romano cheese.
- Garlic Bread and a salad complete the meal.
Fireflies and jellybeans Lamberts Lately Someday Crafts Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Mothers Niche Be Different Act Normal Tater Tots and Jello Six Sisters Stuff Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons My Romantic Home Not Your Ordinary Recipies Shabby Nest